Thursday, October 22, 2009

O, Friend Morpheus

The sleeping habits of a young child may be constantly in flux, afftected by a move, the switch from crib to toddler bed, a change in napping schedules, what-have-you...but Xavier's sleeping habits have been particularly interesting as of late. Yesterday he fell asleep at the table in the middle of the afternoon, with his head half resting on his bear and his bowl of popcorn. Last night, he was the last child to fall asleep, stealthily toddling into our room at every opportunity to snuggle with Daddy (since Mommy was up folding laundry at the time). And this morning, at 5:45, he flings open the door of the nursery where I was encamped with Baby Gregory, cheerfully declares "I'm hungry, Mommy! And my bear needs a wash." and proceeds to propel himself full force down the stairs on his behind, thump-thump-thump, blissfully secure in the knowledge that I'd be following him. Which of course I was. :)

No comments: